Be at the very forefront –
with a career apprenticeship at WERKZEUGBAU LAICHINGEN GmbH and WERKZEUGBAU LEIPZIG GmbH, partners for every type of punching and forming tool.
Are you finished with school and want to learn a profession that is both fun and leads to greater things? Then join WBL Holding GmbH and train to be a toolmaker specialising in punching and forming technology. This apprenticeship lasts three and a half years.
Here's what you can expect
You will become a toolmaker during the apprenticeship, specialising in punching and forming technology and learning to
- manufacture, assemble, dismantle, repair and commission tools,
- create programs for numerically controlled machine tools,
- construct and test hydraulic and pneumatic control technology circuits
- and much more!
After successfully completing your apprenticeship, you will be employed as a toolmaker or miller on a numerically controlled milling machine.
Do you want more? It’s up to you. If you are suitable, there is nothing to prevent you from advancing to team leader. It is also possible to pursue external education to become a technician, master craftsman or craftswoman or an engineer.
Here's what we expect
Toolmakers are responsible for the manufacture and assembly of tools. The highest precision and accuracy are expected during production.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes? And have you more to offer:
- A very good lower secondary school diploma or good secondary school diploma
- Mathematical understanding
- An interest in technical-functional relationships
- Manual dexterity
- A pronounced sense of diligence and reliability
At the very forefront!
Our work and activities at Werkzeugbau Laichingen and Werkzeugbau Leipzig are guided by this motto.
Our employees are our most important asset. We attach enormous importance to qualified up-and-coming talent and invest a great deal in your training and later education. That is why we are looking for enthusiastic and industrious apprentices who wish to discover the fascinating world of technology with us.
Have we whetted your interest?
Send your application documents (a tabular curriculum vitae with photo and reference) to:
Look forward to the future
We are looking for technically competent people with innovative ideas. In other words – the very best! For this reason, we have an enormous interest in binding talented young people to our company in the long term. Commitment, motivation and dedication are rewarded in the WBL Group.
We train the following professions:
- Toolmaker (m/f)
As a toolmaker, you are responsible for the manufacture of punching and forming tools and press dies and the production of metal parts for the automotive industry.
Training is given a high priority at Werkzeugbau Laichingen. Under the guidance of our experienced instructors, you will learn all the basics of your profession in our modern training workshop. In addition, you will get to know the different departments in a medium-sized enterprise and gain practical experience in our state-of-the-art machine inventory.
- Intermediate education or a good secondary school qualification
- Good results in mathematics, physics and German
- An interest in metalworking and mechanics
- An interest in craft work
- Skill in the handling of tools
- A precise and accurate mode of working
- Assembly of tools
- Evaluation of technical drawings and definition of machining operations
- Knowledge of materials, tools, machines and test equipment
- Determination of material requirements
- Development of assembly plans and organisation of assembly work
- Processing techniques in instrument manufacturing: straightening, sharpening, polishing
- Quality inspections on the finished components
- Operation of computer-controlled systems
3 ½ years
The WBL Group is an innovative enterprise with two locations in Laichingen and Leipzig and the highest level of expertise and efficiency.
- Founded in 1891
- Locations: Laichingen & Leipzig
- The WBL Group currently employs 170 employees
- We have a state-of-the-art machine inventory
- Our customer base includes the entire automotive industry
- We are currently training a total of 18 apprentices
- The training manager imparts the necessary know-how for a perfect career start in our modern training workshop.
- We only hire as many apprentices as we can later offer an employment contract. This means that our apprentices enjoy security right from the outset.